Choosing the right window treatment for your home is a challenging activity. Ideally, you have three options to choose from: shutters vs blinds vs shades. However, there’s an evergreen question posed by many — which is the best?
The answer depends on your preference. To help you make an informed decision, we’ll examine these popular window treatments alongside their unique pros and cons in this article.
Let’s dive in!
Shutters are a window treatment alternative hosting a frame and horizontal slats (also known as louvers) you can tilt open or closed.
Our shutters are made of solid core poly vinyl material and can be customized to suit any window shape and size. This window treatment offers increased privacy, energy efficiency, and light control. Their inclusion in your home can boost its value during appraisals!
Shutters also aid temperature regulation within your home. On hot summer days, your space remains cool as this window treatment blocks and reflects sunlight. Shutters also provide warmth during winter by restricting air from passing through the window.
Pros of Shutters
- Longevity: As long as you maintain your shutters, they’ll last for years without issues.
- Straightforward Maintenance: Cleaning shutters is seamless, and only require light dusting.
- Light Control: Using shutters, you can either block out lights or let them in. Your choice!
- Versatility: Shutters can be installed on almost any window shape and size.
- Great Investment: Besides increasing your home’s value, shutters improve its aesthetic.
Window blinds adopt a mechanism that lets users raise or lower them easily. The blinds we offer at AAA Blind and Shutter Factory are made from faux wood PVC slats.
It’s pertinent to note that while the slats on blinds can be raised and lowered, you can tilt them open to allow more light and close to aid privacy and block light.
Another merit tied to blinds is that they’re aesthetically flexible and can suit numerous home decoration styles. It’s also easy to create custom blinds without paying through your teeth.
Pros of Blinds
- Affordable: With blinds, you can make your home look elegant without spending a fortune.
- Timeless: Faux wood blinds are timeless and provide a durable and budget-friendly option for any home.
- Exceptional Light Control: Users can control the light entering their room with blinds.
Shades are different from the popular window treatment alternatives we’ve considered. Unlike shutters and blinds, shades don’t have slats. Shades usually come in various fabric styles. However, they can integrate other materials, including bamboo and vinyl.
Shades can fit into window frames. This fitting creates fine lines, ensuring your home doesn’t appear cluttered or visually busy.
Although you can use custom shades to block sunlight and glare, this window treatment doesn’t offer as much flexibility as shutters and blinds. For instance, you need to raise them to get a view of the environment and let sunlight into your space.
That said, while shades don’t score points in practicality, they make up for this drawback with their style.
You’ll find multiple shade types you can choose from to take your home’s interior to the next level. Notable examples include fabric choices such as light filtering, black out, solar, and woven wood. Regardless of the alternative you choose, you’ll encounter multiple colors and styles.
AAA Blind and Shutter Factory also offers motorization options for our roller shades and woven wood shades.
Pros of Shades
- Stylish: Multiple styles of shades in our store, making it easy to uncover the alternative that suits your home’s aesthetic.
- Long Lasting: Top-notch shades can last for years before they require changes.
- Customizable: You can fit shades easily into different window frames.
- Decent Heat Insulation: Shades can keep your room cool during the summer and warm in winter.
- No Obstructions: You can see the outside world without impediments by rolling up your shades.
In this article, we’ve pitted shutters, blinds, and shades against each other, getting you in sync with their merits and drawbacks. Now, you’ve got to weigh these aspects alongside your budget and preferences to make the right pick!
Have you made your choice and would like to purchase a high-quality alternative? Contact the team at AAA Blind & Shutter Factory today.
Whether you lean towards blinds, shutters, or shades, we’ve got stylish and durable options that’ll aid privacy, light control, and heat insulation within your space.
Contact us today to get the window treatment that transforms your living space!